11.21.2009

SketchCrawl - Moscow!

It was a small turnout today, and it was cold - but sunny! - so here are my efforts.









Started at Sister's Brew and drew some folks enjoying a mellow Saturday morning in a very warm, cozy space. I really like this wine-colored Copic Multiliner ... might need to buy a fresh one soon.









From the same spot, near the windows, I did this sketch looking across Main Street. Wells Fargo, our bank, is on the left and The Red Door, one the very few decent restaurants in town, is on the right. This was the final sketch in my first Moleskine sketchbook ... it felt good to finish that one.








I broke in a new Moleskine pocket watercolor book for this sketch, of an alley off First Street. It was a nice view, with clear contrasts and a nice perspective, but my hands were freezing by the time I finished up.







So I retreated to the Moscow Bagel place for a sausage/egg/cheese bagel, and managed this quick watercolor. It was a nice morning of sketching, followed by a 2-hour figure drawing session in the afternoon. After all the work I've had to deal with in the past several weeks, it felt good to simply draw today. Now it's time to surf the SketchCrawl forum and see the other sketching that happened today all around the planet.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mathew - I couldn't find an email for you but wanted to ask if it's OK to use your 25th sketchcrawl pic for my 'who's made a markt this week?' post on Making A Mark - see 22nd November 2009 - Who's made a mark this week?

    Do let me know if it'sn't and I'll remove it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine - no problem, thanks for doing this! (my only request is that you spell my first name with two Ts rather than one, hehe) Thanks again!
    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao Matt. Bei lavori. Questa volta ho organizzato anche qui da me la giornata della sketchcrawl. 6 pesone e 3 classi della scuola di arte !!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.